Monday, November 26, 2007

Decorating

I've started decorating a bit. I'm taking it easy since I'm still getting over that cold. We got the tree up last Friday and I worked a little on our fireplace mantel today. I'm liking it so far. I'm planning to take this whole next week to decorate and my goal is to be finished by the end of it. Love the extra week we get when Thanksgiving falls a little bit early. Hopefully I will be done by December.

Life here has been busy and I'm just wanting to be caught up with the house. There always are so many things to do, but I love it when I feel I'm proactively on top of my home instead of reactively trying to catch up with all that needs to be done. We have been doing some rearranging/organizing these past couple weeks and I think that is what has put me behind. We moved Isabelle back into Jakob's room. We moved the office upstairs. Steve built a shelf in the garage for storage and we moved some items out of our basement storage room. We are hoping to clear that room out enough so the weight set is visible/usable. We have moved other furniture around to accomadate the room changes. It is great to get these things done but it is stressful. I can see all this organization that needs to be done and other household chores get put on the back burner and don't get done. Hopefully I can get caught up this week and be ready to enjoy Christmas.

1 comment:

Millers! said...

Hope you start feeling better, but I understand about organizing and cleaning and all of that stuff, I have been non stop since coming back from Portland, Although its been with my moms help thank goodness! It was so good to see you on Saturday, thanks again for coming!