Kids with pink eye, a sick mom, hard working dad, and always so much to do. Sorry I haven't written, life has been hectic and I haven't been feeling well. A bad combination. Just have a head cold but I hate being sick. I know that I am really sick when I have zero motivation to get anything done.
Monday morning Jakob woke up with one eye oozie (sp??), puffy, and sealed shut. I called the doctor and by the time she got back to me his eye was looking much better. I thought it might not be pink eye so we decided to wait to take him in. We waited and Isabelle woke up two days later with one eye sealed shut. She was happy as could be with this puffy, sick looking eye and a big smile on her face. Jakob's eyes weren't oozie but they were both bloodshot. Around this time I started to feel that lovely tickle in your throat, the kind you hope that you are just imagining for the first few hours, until you can't deny that you are getting sick. Steve stayed home most of the day on Wednesday, when we finally took them in to the doctor. This was quite a sacrifice with all the work he has to do, but I so appreciated his help with the kids. We got drops and their little eyes cleared up right away. We ended up just staying here for Thanksgiving. I missed being with all the family but with the kids just getting over pink eye, we didn't want to take the chance of being with everyone. We went to the park that morning and on a little hike. We cooked a huge Thanksgiving feast for just the four of us. I thought if we couldn't be with our extended family we atleast had to have the feast.

No comments:
Post a Comment