HOW THEY GROW UP SO FAST!!
Taken her first week.
Recent photos, almost 18 months.

I can't believe my baby girl is 18 months!!! I was so sad yesterday realizing that my baby is growing up!! At 18 months is when we stop giving bottles. We are pretty good from a year on with not giving too many bottles and using the sippy cup a lot, but we still will ocassionally give a bottle. I love how much comfort my babies have received from bottles. It seems to relax them and it is such a "baby" thing to do to drink from a bottle. So last night I put Isabelle to bed for the last time with a bottle. I just watched her drinking her bottle while she cuddled with me. Loving the way she was so relaxed, happy, and content and knowing that my little girl was growing up! So sad when I think these moments will never come again. This morning I read a quote that I wanted to share. I think it is very fitting for the way I feel at this moment.
" A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary."
--Dorothy Canfield Fisher
In these moments as a mother when I wish to keep my babies small I realize that my desire for this is not what I truly want. I want my children to grow and thrive. I want them to experience all the joy in this life that I have had the priveledge to experience. I want them to contribute and be all that they are meant to be. I know in this that they have to grow and though these moments may pass without ever coming again I know other moments will replace them, that will be just as precious to me. I will always be their mother no matter how independent they are or how big they get. I know every stage brings new moments to enjoy and new experiences to share together. And though my goal is to teach them to be able to stand on their own, I will always be there when they need me.
I just hope the moments pass slowly, that I can savor the time I have with them at every precious stage. They truly grow up too fast. I love this baby girl so much and I'm so grateful for her in my life!!

1 comment:
This post made me tear up. I have those exact same feelings about our kids!
Post a Comment