Monday, February 22, 2010

Painting Faces

My kids love to paint! I have found that it really isn't that difficult to do, aka it doesn't make THAT big of a mess. These little masks I picked up for $1 a piece. They used the paints they got for Valentine's Day to add some color.
Karter was more like fingerpainting with watercolors. Possible? Messy? Worth it? Yes to all three! He loved it and I just washed him up when he was done.
I love having little things for them to do when Jakob has the day off. It makes the day feel special and gives them something fun to do that breaks up their free play.
Usually on these days off they just wear what they want to wear and run around like the little rascals. I throw in a couple structured projects. I do believe in lots of free, unstructured play, with some structured, Mama directed activities. Less TV, more outdoors. With the weather nice this is becoming so much easier.
Jakob's pirate spent most of his time peeking at me through the treehouse. Jakob said he was watching the house. Loved seeing that little pirate face throughout the week and watching my little guy have fun imagining away.

No comments: