I remember getting into bed with my parents at this age. I would go to my mom's side of the bed and when she pulled back the covers I knew I could climb in. I remember being so hot sleeping between my parents. I would push the blankets down so I could cool off. (I'm sure my parents loved that!) I remember feeling safe and happy sleeping in bed with them.
With these happy memories as my guide, I have always let my kids sleep with us when they have come into our room in the middle of the night. Well, little Miss Isabelle has taken advantage of my hospitality and joined us most nights. She is not the easiest person to sleep with (I'm sure I wasn't either) and we don't sleep that great with her in our bed. We finally had to set some limits. She can still come into our rooms, but most nights we tell her to go back to her bed. A couple times a week she gets to climb in with us. I keep reminding myself to enjoy these times. She won't want to sleep with us forever (though sometimes I wonder) and the time will come when this won't happen. So, I'm enjoying the simple moments even if I lose a little sleep in the process.

No comments:
Post a Comment